Year 2 - Blwyddyn 2
Welcome to Year 2! Croeso i Flwyddyn 2!
Teacher: Mrs Kupé
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Desmond
Click HERE to see photos from Sports Day
Click HERE to see photos of our
trip to Barry Island.
Our final topic of the year is Fantasy Island. We have a huge range of Pirate themed books in our book corner. Here is a selection of a few we will be reading...
Hello me Hearties! We will be learning all about pirates this half term!
Here are some of the questions that our class wanted to find out...
Who were they? What was it like being a pirate? Where did they come from? What did they wear? What did they eat? Were there girl pirates? What was the pirate code? What were their ships like? Why were pirates marooned? Did they make people walk the plank?
We will be finding out all the answers, and more, over the next few weeks.
We will also be practising for Sports Day, which will be held on Friday 14th July.
Click HERE to find out more pirate facts!
Click HERE to watch the author Michael Rosen read The Night Pirates
Our role play is a desert island
Some beautiful Beach Art
We have been tasting some fruits that grow in the Caribbean
We made a compass using a magnet & a pin
Looking after the fruit and vegetables we are growing in our garden
Summer Term 1
All Our Yesterdays
We will travel back in time to explore what life was life over 100 years ago.
- We will compare homes from long ago with modern homes.
- What was it like in schools in Victorian times?
- Our role play area is a Victorian school.
- In RE we are finding out about 'special places'.
We played traditional games from long ago
Here are some of the books we will read...
We started the term practising for the national literacy and numeracy test.
Click HERE to find out more.
Click HERE to see some sample numeracy test papers.
Click HERE to see some sample reading test papers
Well done everyone for taking part.
This half term our topic is CHOCOLATE!
We will be...
- Reading: Roald Dahl's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', 'From a Bean to a Bar', 'Juliana's Bananas' and Charlie and Lola's 'But I do know all about chocolate'.
- Comparing the characters in the story of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Designing a new chocolate bar for a friend
- Learning about the Journey of Chocolate and how it is made
- Finding out about Fairtrade
Building Blocks - Measuring
Our role play area is a Willy Wonka sweet shop
We can sort 3D shapes using a Venn diagram
We planted seed potatoes - looking forward to harvesting them in Autumn!
We made graphs to show the colours of different sweets
Building Blocks - Budding Builders
Making our crispy cakes for Mother's Day
Red Nose Day 2017
8 of us went to a special trip to share our IT skills
the Jungle & Polar Regions
- We will learn how to say the weather in Welsh and make our own weather books.
- We will be learning about Captain Scott and his trip to the South Pole.
- We have 2 role-play areas: Polar regions and the jungle... We will exploring, dressing up in the animal costumes and making Jungle animal masks.
- We will work as a team to build our own igloo using the block play equipment...
- We will be sorting animals into groups that we choose.
- We will be learning how to sew as this half term we will be designing and making our own puppets!
- On Friday's we do 'real life maths' and problem solving.
Maths problem solving
Practising sewing skills
A show came to tell us about food hygiene.
Remember you can use Purple Mash at home. Ask your teacher for your personal login details. Click on the logo to go straight to the login page.
Practice your maths skills by playing against other children all over the world. Ask your teacher for your personal login details. Click on the logo to go straight to the login page.
Ask your teacher for your HWB password. On Hwb and Hwb+ you can...
- access your personal Hwb email
- use online Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- use J2e
- write blogs and have online discussions with your classmates.
- and much, much more.
Click the picture below to go to the Hwb login page.