Our Learn Its for the Autumn Term are:
Our topic this half term is 'Fit and Healthy'
- Finding out about a healthy diet and exercise
- Creating a gym in our Role Play area
- Learning about the life Florence Nightingale and why she was so important
- Tasting different fruits and describing them
- Designing and making 'Fruit Faces'
- Making posters about looking after our environment
- Talking about keeping safe - bonfire night / anti-bullying week / visit from the nurse / cyber safety
- We have been keeping fit by learning maths outside.
- Pudsey Bear paid us a visit for Children in Need - we raised lots of money for a great cause... thank you everyone.
- Upbeat music are teaching us how to play Samba music.
- We had visitors from the church who talked to us about Christianity using an interactive show.
Autumn 1 2016
Our topic this half term was 'From farm to fork'
- We visited Cefn Mably Farm and had the best day ever! We fed the goats, sheep, horses and donkeys. We also held the rabbits and guinea pigs and fed them carrots.
- We found out about different kinds of farms and the jobs farmers have to do and the process of how food gets to the supermarket
- We prepared for our Harvest festival & performed the song 'Conkers'
- We baked some delicious bread - eat your heart out Paul Hollywood!
- We learnt about the life cycle of a plant
- We are always maintaining our gardening and outside learning area
- We picked apples from our orchard and blackberries from the hedge and made a delicious crumble.
- This half term Joel, from Upbeat Music, taught us how to play the djembe (an African drum).