Summer Term 2019
Our topic this term is
Splish! Splash! Splosh!
- learning all about octopuses
- understanding food chains and what happens when they are interfered with
- making fish art in the style of Paul Klee
- making 'wax resist' pictures
- discovering the importance of water in Beti Bwt's wash day at St Fagans
- working as a team to build a canal
- investigating floating and sinking with different containers
- learning about capacity and making estimates
- making ocean paintings and learning the names of different shades of blue
- sorting animals into categories
- understanding the importance of water in gardening
- listening to 'sea' music and drawing what's in our minds' eye
- learning the names of sea creatures in Welsh and making extended sentences
- visiting Barry Island and dipping our toes in the sea!
- investigating how flowers take up water by doing a science test
...and LOTS of other things!
Year 6 Skate Club trip to The Knap, Barry