Year 1 - Blwyddyn 1
Please click the link below to see how to access home learning.
Parent Help Guide
Welcome to Year 1
Year 1 Team:
Useful Information about Year:
- Spellings will go out Monday with a practice sheet. Keep this at home to learn spellings over the week.
- Snack money- £1.50 per week. There is also the option to pay for each half term. Speak to Miss Morgan or Mrs Pym for amounts.
Our new topic is called ‘Amazing me’ and will focus on health and wellbeing. This will include emotional wellbeing, healthy eating and how our bodies work. We will focus on:
- understanding what emotions are
- looking after the feelings of others
- kind acts
- healthy eating
- keeping our bodies healthy
- being active
- looking after our minds and our bodies
The books we will be using are:
Year 1 using their map skills to find locations around our school
The children are learning about the importance of keeping healthy and looking after their wellbeing. We love being healthy confident individual!
The children using objects to count and add.
Using our map skills
A class full of bucket fillers!
We love to problem solve
Year 1 love playing the djembe drums in our Upbeat sessions
Using our senses to help us write a poem all about fireworks
We will also be doing lots of Maths and Literacy throughout the week. Below are some helpful websites for at home learning.