Nursery - Meithrin
(At the bottom of his page there is a Parents Guide to On-Line Learning).
Our Topic this Term is-
We've been very busy learning all about our new Nursery. Learning about Ourselves and about our Families.
First we took pictures of ourselves.
Washing our hands
We also joined in with action songs. Our favourite is ‘Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes’.
Try and join in. It’s Fun!
We have learning about what our bodies can do. We made I Can pictures. We found out that we could do lots of things.
I can jump and land on two feet
I can use the slide
I can peddle a bike
I can balance on one leg
I Can Pictures
Counting objects in our garden.
Some had long hair, some had short and some of us cut all of his hair off!
Fine motor skills
Our Topics up until December are-
We have lots of learning to do for the rest of the term. Here is an overview of what we will be doing. Please talk about these ideas with your child so they can talk about in in class. Thank you.
- Passing of time- looking at photos from when we were babies up until now.
- My 5 senses- investigating through - feelie bags, smelly pots (creating smelly soups), sound sources and playing blindfold games.
- Feelings- What make us happy/sad/angry etc.
- Going to the Doctors- why do we go? What are doctors for? safety of medicines, Go on a walk to the local doctors surgery. The role of the Chemist.
- Vets- Who goes to the vet? Animals and how to care for them- sorting our favourite pet.
- The Fire Station- Learn about dangers of fire, fire pictures using red & yellow paints, what to do in an emergency, visit from Fire fighter, make pretend bonfires with sticks, Guy Fawkes.
- Going to the Dentist- Why do we go? What can we do to keep our teeth clean.
- The Postman- 'The Jolly Christmas Postman'- writing letters fro Father Christmas, posting letters into a post box. Sorting different post, investigation of stamps.
- The Christmas Story- designing our own Christmas Cards, Calendars. decorations and Christmas songs.
Here are some You Tube stories and rymes to help with you learning.
Parent Guide to on-line learning
Just a reminder. When you log into Giglets-
Click on 'Your Book'
then click on 'Library',
then click on 'Visit library'
This will take you straight to the books for you to read.