Tymor yr Hydref
- Gwnaeth Blwyddyn 2 saws tomato i fynd gyda pasta, yn defnyddio tomatos a pherlysiau o'r ardd a nifer bach o gynhwysion eraill.
- Year 1 harvested the potatoes they had sown in the spring. They washed them and helped prepare them, and then enjoyed delicious, crispy roast potatoes.
- Reception Class picked Swiss chard and spinach beet to make crispy 'seaweed'. It tasted just like the shop-bought version!
- Reception Class are learning the correct way to water the crops in the Edible Playground.
- Nursery children looked at photos of lettuces and then identified them in the Edible Playground. They harvested them, washed them, and enjoyed them with a bit of salad cream! The cucumber and tomatoes are from our Edible Playground too.
- Year 4 took part in a wildflower hunt in the area around the school playgrounds. They found a big range of species, including willowherb, ragwort, common yarrow, thistle, red clover, dandelion, groundsel, ribwort plantain and fox-and-cubs.
- Year 4 watched a programme about how carrots are harvested, then went outside to harvest ours. They prepared and roasted them - they were delicious! They have also started some other carrot-based activities linked to art, numeracy and literacy.
- Year 4 harvested our Edible Playground cucumbers and helped prepare them. Then they sampled them and described them - sour, crunchy, fresh, juicy, cold, refreshing.
- Year 4 dug up some potatoes. They learned the importance of storing them in the dark, while we decide what to make with them!