Welcome to Year 5! Croeso i Flwyddyn 5
Mrs Anderson is our teacher
Mrs Seymour & Mrs Ryall works with us too.
Dates for your diary
- Weds 9th-'Good Morning Britain' performance at Wales Millennium Centre. Please be in school for 6:30am! Breakfast in Ty Coffi afterwards.
- Fri 18th-Girls Football Tornament at Bryn Hafod
- Mon 21st-23rd-St Madoc's camp.
- Thurs 8th-Year 5 Class Assembly- 9.30-9.50am. All welcome
- Tues 20th & Weds 21st-Parents Open Evenings from 3pm.
- Thurs 22nd-Harvest Service at 9.30. All welcome.
- Fri 23rd-Photo day-come looking extra smart!
- Half Term w/c 26/10
- Tuesday 3rd-Visit to Rumney Baptist Church-'Life' project.
- Friday 6th-Visit to Rhondda Heritage Park. Dress up warm as we will be going down a mine!
- Tues 10th 'Gamelan'-Performance at 2pm for Y3, Y4 & 6
- Victorian Workshop with Rainbow Theatre-Please dress up in any Victorian-style clothes if you have them.AM Embroidery samplers with Judith-our local artist with Mrs Anderson's mum and Lauren.
- Mon 23rd-ENTERPRISE WEEK' More information to follow.
- Mon 30th-Children's presentation of their Victorian project to Year 5 & 6.
"I liked it when we went in the old fashioned shop. It was funny to weigh things on the scales and the meat looked real" Sean
"It was so scary going in the lift. Everybody screamed and Mrs Seymour didn't like it!" Jorja
"When Graham made an explosion and Sky had to push the button, it was really loud and we all jumped" Lucius.
"Unfortunately it was raining, but it was still brilliant!" Leo.
"It was the best trip ever!" Katie.
- Weds 9th-Dress Rehearsal at EH School
- Mon 14th-KS2 Carol Service. 6pm-7pm. All welcome.
- Weds 16th-Christmas party.
- Thurs 17th-Christmas film treat-'A Christmas carol'-Greenway Hall
- Friday 18th December last day of term
It's almost that time of year again!
September 21st - 23rd
Incredible beaches, breath-taking views of the Welsh coast, tasty food and 'Salsa'-A fantastic experience. Wrap up warm!
Team-building activities on the beaches and in the forest.
Our topic this term is the Vile Victorians
As of the 9th September, Queen Victoria was the longest reigning British monarch.
How long was she on the throne?
How old was she when she became queen?
Who did she marry?
What was it like to be a child in Victorian Times?
We will be finding out very soon.
We will also be looking at many of the amazing inventions from this period - Some of which we still use today. I wonder if you can name a few!
MUSICAL & ACTING TALENTS
- Following our fantastic performance last term, we will have our UpBeat music experts working with us once again.
- 'Gamelan' from St David's hall will be working with us and putting on a music performance for parents after half term.
- Dance Club will commence the week after St Madoc's and continue on Wednesdays after school. As a practice for this, Mrs Anderson, Mrs Donnellly and Mrs Seymour (and possibly even Mr Naish) will be leading a Salsa evening at St Madoc's so come prepared!
- Fri 27th November-Eastern High School are coming to work with us in a 'Performing Arts' workshop.
- We are holding a special Christmas Carol service this year. All welcome.
Our Science topic this term is Magical Motion. We will be looking at different forces, as well as who can make the best paper aeroplane.
(Pictures and results to follow)
Remember you can use Purple Mash at home. Ask your teacher for your personal login details. Click on the logo to go straight to the login page.
In This Section...
There are 28 wonderful children in our class. We always were a handsome bunch but we are getting even more handsome as the year goes on!...
Links - please click to open
Learn to type the fun way!